We are proud to have traded with several generations of the same East Anglian farming families over the past 150 years.
Indeed customers have used our hand written ledgers to trace back their partnership with our family business, viewing deals done between our grandparents or even great grandparents as far back as the 19th century.
Today our values and commitment to quality customer service are the same as when John Cocks founded the business.
John Henry Cocks founded the firm in 1865.
Five years later his brother in law joined him to become Cocks and Newson.
In 1886 Oliver Clover Jewers joined his father-in-law as an apprentice and in 1891, after the death of John Cocks, Oliver Jewers took over the business.
In 1930 Edward Jewers joined the business and in 1950 a limited company was formed.
In 1961 Clive Jewers joined, followed by his son Matthew in 1998.
Matthew took over the business in 2005, and has since led a significant investment in technology and capacity.
In 2005 the company moved to our new facility at Woolpit on the A14, with state of the art cleaning and drying equipment, plus grain storage for over 20,000 tonnes.
Jewers continue to invest heavily into the Woolpit site to meet growing demand for faster processing and more specialist services to increase garin quality - such as colour sorting.
Today, Jewers provides customers with one of the fastest, most flexible, cost effective grain processing solutions in the UK.
1865 - 1891
1891 - 1930
1930 - 1961
1961 - 2005
2005 - present